turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

steveza55

Form 8962 rounding of monthly totals causes Turbotax to calculate a credit for me of $314 when it should be $310. Dont want to get audited, can i fix this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
bgainer

Form 8962 rounding of monthly totals causes Turbotax to calculate a credit for me of $314 when it should be $310. Dont want to get audited, can i fix this?

Just accept the Turbo Tax figures.  The IRS rounds up and down too
steveza55

Thanks for the reply. Worried cause a quick search of the internet shows a number of people being audited for this situation.  

They are audited for failure to file the 8962 not for being a couple of $$ off ... none of my client have ever been audited for the rounding issue.
steveza55

Thanks
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies