Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

rjormonde

Forgot to claim Frontline Worker Pay

If both my spouse and I received the frontline worker pay and we are filing jointly, do we need to report this as 1 lump sum? 

I am not a tax expert, but adding them together would make sense.  The Govt wants our money.

I was impressed with the Q&A here yesterday, hopefully one of the experts will confirm.

Not a expert. But last year I did lump sum for full government money sent to me, whatever Biden sent. Just did not know whete and what to do this year. Sucks

ZhuoliA
Expert Alumni

You can report the frontline pay you and your wife received in a separate box in Turbo Tax following the steps outlined by MichaelG81

Go to the Wages and Income  section of TurboTax

1. Scroll to  Less Common Income > Select  Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C
  2. Select Other reportable Income > Enter a description (MN Frontline) and the amount for you and your wife
global063
Returning Member

Do I get it right that to report is as other reportable income, it requires a turbotax deluxe account?

Probably?

This is the part of Turbotax I don't care for.  Turbotax is not real clear about the version you need until you go past a certain point and tells you the next version up is needed.

I have not paid anything yet,  still waiting on a few forms.  Are you using the online version?

global063
Returning Member

It appears on both web and phone app when reporting other income

0BE944BF-9599-4B28-B484-D4D0CB554C37.png

Yep, I remember that screen.  They will also tell you it will be more money to file state taxes too.  I think when 1099's get involved it costs more.

I am not an expert, but I think you can go to the end and see both fed and state refunds w/o paying anything.

You pay when you file.

I did not put down the amount of my frontline worker pay.. I am sure  it asked something about it in terms like" non-taxable " or something so I skipped over it. Your advice is to just wait for them to process and send my refund and THEN do an amendment!?

That's what I have been told to do. So I sit and wait for the forms to come put to amend. Yippee

Will they hold my original refund? 

I recieved both refunds.

How could you have already received both refunds? The IRS hasn't even issued refunds as of todays date?!

can someone please help me HONESTLY with this question!? I forgot to file the frontline worker pay. Can I amend AFTER I recent refund OR will that hold my refund process?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you need to add anything to the return, then yes you must wait for the return to be completed before amending. 

They will not hold the refund. It would be sent to you like normal. If the amendment causes you to receive less than the original return, then you would need to submit payment to the IRS, state, or both. 

Some returns are being processed and the IRS is sending payments out. @Crystaljo1 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When did you file to get your refund already? Don’t want to get my hopes up but, the weekend is almost here

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies