Stlmomof4

Filled my amended return 3/4/22 and never got the money back. Is anyone else having this problem? I checked the portal and nothing is happening

Sorry---you are in for a longer wait.

Even during “normal” times it takes about four months for the IRS to process an amended return.  During the pandemic and due to the severe backlog at the IRS it is taking much longer—six  to nine months or more for many amended returns.  Do not expect quick results from amending.  When the IRS issues a refund for an amended return it will be by check.  They do not make direct deposits for refunds for amended returns.  You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

Sorry---you are in for a longer wait.

fanfare

the timeframe for 1040-X is currently ten months from submission.

@Stlmomof4