Filed 1-31 still waiting on federal?

Filed 1-31 still waiting on federal?

Filed 1-31 still waiting on federal?

Same! I filed my return on 2/1, it was accepted on 2/1. I have had the same "Your return is still processing. A refund date will be provided when available" message since around the 15th. For a few days in between the 15th and now, the tracker told me that they couldnt find my return at all! This is crazy

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Filed 1-31 still waiting on federal?

Although most refunds are processed within 21 days of acceptance, some returns require additional review which causes a delay in processing. Please see Why do some refunds take longer than others? for more information. 

If it has been over 21 days since your tax return has been accepted, please see What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? 

Filed 1-31 still waiting on federal?

If I read this same exact message ONE more time!! Every single "Employee TurboTax Specialist" has posted this same exact message, MULTIPLE times on MULTIPLE feeds. The same generic message,for every situation, is not what ANYONE wants to hear right now. We all want real customer service, from real people, and REAL answers. From what I've read, TurboTax dropped the ball big time this year and causes multiple people to be audited, multiple delays, and no refunds. Yet, we all got the same message that we will all be BILLED soon. Multiple customers are disappointed and unsatisfied at the lack of service and/or answers we are getting from this so-called guaranteed service. 👎

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Filed 1-31 still waiting on federal?

@JordanShea Once the IRS accepts your federal return, all updates are taken over by them.  Therefore, we don't have information about the status of your refund.  The only thing we can do is direct you back to the IRS.  And on the IRS website it states, "The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days. However, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer. Where’s My Refund? has the most up to date information available about your refund...Our phone and walk-in representatives can research the status of your refund if it's been 21 days or more since you filed electronically."  Reference:  What to Expect for Refunds This Year

So, you will need to contact the IRS directly to inquire about the delay in your refund.  You can go  here for tips on reaching a live IRS agent when you call.

You can also refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for some possible reasons why your return is delayed:  What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 day ...