Federal returns status is accepted in turbotax but...

rsriramoju

Federal returns status is accepted in turbotax but in IRS no record

I have filed federal return in 2/12/2020 and as per the turbotax the return was accepted but I don't see any record of e-filing in IRS. I also tried in "Check My Refund Status" but I could not find any details.

I also filed state taxes(along with federal) and I got my refund.

Its been 40 + days now and no record fond in IRS. One of my friend filed couple of days back and he already got the refund.

Can one please let me know where is my tax return now?  what should be my next steps?

Thanks,

Raj

The IRS is seriously backlogged due to all the extra stimulus filings, as well as a few million unprocessed 2019 returns left over from the COVID shutdown.  In addition, the Where's My Refund site has been erratic and unreliable.  But if TT told you the IRS Accepted your filing for processing, then the government has it.  (Approved is a later step, but TT receives no further updates once Accepted.)  Contacting the IRS will not help, and the IRS has implored taxpayers not to call them.  Lots of other folks are still waiting, so please continue to be patient.  Also see:

Refunds | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

Why is my tax refund taking so long? The IRS may not tell you, but this report offers clues (msn.com...

Watchdog warns of tax-refund delays for U.S. taxpayers amid IRS backlog struggles (crainsnewyork.com...

What led to IRS backlog: ‘Thin workforce,’ new pandemic relief programs | Federal News Network

rsriramoju

Thanks for your reply!,

I have also verified logging into IRS but I couldn't find any details of 2020 filing(I can see 2019 and pervious filings) and the account status says as below. 

image.png

If I click on Read more , it says : If you've already filed, processing usually takes 21 days (electronic returns) or six weeks (paper returns).If you still need to file, submit your tax return along with any payment due by April 15, 2021 to avoid potential penalties and interest. If you’ve been affected by a recent disaster, learn about the most recent tax relief provisions to know your options.

But it's almost 50 days since I submitted the 2020 filing, so do I need to wait more days? if so could you please let me know the maximum days I need to wait and get back to TurboTax?

Thanks,

Raj.