Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Expired Stimulus check from 2021

I'll try to be short & to the point. I misplaced a stimulus check that I found the day after it expired. Already filed return for 2021. Received notice from IRS about it, letter stated to contact for replacement; they're unable to replace and to file an amended return. I don't know how to add that check to my amended return though. I never had to do an amended return. Finally, is it too late for an amended return to be filed by me? I will have help if I do it by paper. Thank you all in advance

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-...

You will change the answer about how much you got in advance for the stimulus payment to zero advance payment. 

To get to the stimulus questions in TurboTax at any time, you can search for stimulus or recovery rebate credit then hit ENTER and there should be a Jump to link

If you are trying to trigger it,
Click on Other Tax Situations at top
Click on Let's get started
Answer some questions then Continue
Then click on Let's keep going
Next screen is for the Third Stimulus, if you qualify

View solution in original post

4 Replies

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-...

You will change the answer about how much you got in advance for the stimulus payment to zero advance payment. 

To get to the stimulus questions in TurboTax at any time, you can search for stimulus or recovery rebate credit then hit ENTER and there should be a Jump to link

If you are trying to trigger it,
Click on Other Tax Situations at top
Click on Let's get started
Answer some questions then Continue
Then click on Let's keep going
Next screen is for the Third Stimulus, if you qualify

Thank you! Sorry I'm having a late response, I'm divorced with 3 kids. I tucked it into a safe place because I didn't have time to deposit it when I got it. I went crazy looking for it because I forgot where my hiding place was and my life was compete and utter chaos caused by a relative. Go figure, I found it the day after it expired in May. 

Thank you I appreciate your assistance as well.  I've never had to amend a return and certainly after I received a letter that told me to call them to get a new check-I did they told me they couldn't and to amend my return, except they didn't tell me as I asked. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies