Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Error in converting your forms to PDF format

I am getting the above error when I try to print or save the forms turbotax home & business says I need to mail after I e-filed my taxes.  I have no idea what forms it is referring to, as it doesn't tell me, so I cannot go into forms, find the form and print it manually. Posts from prior years mentioned a workaround of some type, but the links are all dead. This is an issue that goes back many years. Amazing it hasn't been solved. 

So, anyone have any idea how I can print or save these files, of even just find out what they are?

Just to add, all my programs are updated and current. I WAS able to save a copy of my tax forms as a PDF and also print the tax forms from a PDF as well after completing, so my system can generate and print PDF's, just not the ones in the example below.

Screenshot 2022-04-17 213505.png

Screenshot 2022-04-17 214730.jpg

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below TurboTax help article for assistance with troubleshooting your printing error.

Troubleshoot printing issues in TurboTax CD/Download

If you are still having trouble with the form's generating, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks, but the problem isn't with my printers or set up. I was able to print many other forms, including my return and also save these as a PDF. It is just this one area that hangs up. I can find instances of this being reported as far back as 2017...all with this exact same set of documents.

Sadly, I tried TurboTax Customer Support  and they were unable to assist.

As I noted, discussions from prior years referred to a work around of some sorts, but all the links to that workaround are expired and just lead to a general support page. Hoping someone might actually have info on those workarounds.

Just to follow up for anyone reading this in future. I took the time to reinstall turbotax 2021 on another computer. After all was done, including updating, I got exact same problem...unable to print or save the "required documents" I supposedly NEED to mail to IRS as PDF.

This is a pretty big hole in this software, and as I wrote above, has been a known issue for at least 5 years.

A shame this can't be fixed or worked around.

Print your entire return to PDF (assuming that works).

then read the instructions carefully to understand what you are supposed to mail.

If it is for an amendment (1040-X), you must extract the needed forms manually.

Hint: if it is related to your stock market transactions, the information to be mailed is not in your tax return PDF file.

DebK12

I am having the exact same issue today. 4/14/2024

I received the same error message and can not locate the necessary forms to print and mail. 

I had no issues saving and printing all the other documents to pdf

WHY IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE??

Help please

Clint2024

Same issue here. I've never encountered this before. This year I used the Desktop version and am wondering if that's the issue. I wasn't able to import some files, either. In any case the issue should still be addressed by Turbotax...

Clint2024

A workaround I found is to go to "print center", select "form and supporting statements", save to PDF, and then search the PDF for "mail in a statement with more details". 

There were 4 instances of "mail in a statement with more details" in my PDF, and 2 of those had the Yes checkbox checked. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies