Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lcorsini-comcast
Returning Member

Entered my bank interest in Federal, but not rolling into Massachusetts bank exemption of state return. How can I correct

when entering the 1099 int there is no place to record interest is from a Massachusetts bank which is exempt up to $200
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Entered my bank interest in Federal, but not rolling into Massachusetts bank exemption of state return. How can I correct

@lcorsini-comcast    Figure it out yet?

1) Edit the 1099-INT

2) After making sure all the boxes are entered properly on the main form, hit  "Continue" at the bottom of the page.

3)  On the next page check the box for "My state doesn't tax all of this interest" ...select the state and "Continue".

(I don't know what happens in the pages that follow, since I don't have MA or the other states involved)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

While editing the 1099-INT should fix the problem, someone reported that they had to delete the 1099-INT and re-enter to get the MA interest exclusion to work.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies