Entered my bank interest in Federal, but not rolli...

lcorsini-comcast

Entered my bank interest in Federal, but not rolling into Massachusetts bank exemption of state return. How can I correct

when entering the 1099 int there is no place to record interest is from a Massachusetts bank which is exempt up to $200
SteamTrain

@lcorsini-comcast    Figure it out yet?

1) Edit the 1099-INT

2) After making sure all the boxes are entered properly on the main form, hit  "Continue" at the bottom of the page.

3)  On the next page check the box for "My state doesn't tax all of this interest" ...select the state and "Continue".

(I don't know what happens in the pages that follow, since I don't have MA or the other states involved)

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
linear

While editing the 1099-INT should fix the problem, someone reported that they had to delete the 1099-INT and re-enter to get the MA interest exclusion to work.