Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

michaelyu16
Returning Member

Dose this mean I have paid for the 10% penal fee for early withdraw from ROTH-IRA account? But I don't need to pay this.

I withdrew money from my ROTH-IRA acoount on May-2020 ,and the money is used for payment for my first house. So when i used tobotax filed my tax return, it said I don't need to pay the 10% penal fee for early withdraw.

But In my Form-1099-R from the ROTH-IRA account, the FED AND STATE already withheld parts of the money. Does this mean I have paid the  10% penal fee for early withdraw?

I didn't see these with draw in my tax return file form.

Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Dose this mean I have paid for the 10% penal fee for early withdraw from ROTH-IRA account? But I don't need to pay this.

No, you don't have to pay the 10% penalty fees if you met the exception. For your information, you can withdraw contributions you made to your Roth IRA anytime, tax- and penalty-free

The withheld federal taxes from the 1099-R will show on line 25b on Form 1040. You state taxes withheld from your 1099-R will also carry over to your state return.

These will be credited towards any tax liabilities you might have. If you paid more in than you needed to pay then you will get a refund.

1. Click on "Tax Tools" in the left menu
  2. Click "Tools"
  3. Click "View Tax Summary" in the Tool Center window
  4. Click on "Preview my 1040" on the left

Please make sure your entered the withheld taxes (box 4 and box 14) into TurboTax when you entered your 1099-R.

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click on the Search box on the top and type “1099-R”
  3. Click on “Jump to 1099-R” and you should see the “Your 1099-R Entries” screen
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
michaelyu16
Returning Member

Thank you so much!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies