Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Does stimulus check go to turbo tax prepaid card

Updated April 18 2020

Yes your Stimulus check will be deposited to your Turbo Tax Card (Green Dot bank) However the delivery is yet to be determined. Fastest way to get your Stimulus check is to go here👇https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

You'll need the info from your tax and bank info. It only takes 2 mins to fill out. If it shows errors it's because of these👇

Reasons You May Get “Status Not Available”

Get My Payment will return “Payment Status Not Available” if:

• The application doesn’t yet have your data, or
  • You are not eligible for a payment.

Get details on why you may get “Payment Status Not Available” in our Frequently Asked Questions.

Why???? I was able to change my DD on the portal and now it's going to my serve card, it says so when I check my status. Even has last 4 of account right. I'm not sure what yall did but I had no problem other than everybody and their mom trying to log in every second knowing they are locked out and making the **bleep** server glitch. 

How do we get someone to answer the phone so I can get a new card ?? My money got deposited to my old account 

If you lose your card or believe it to be stolen, you must immediately call [phone number removed] to report it lost or stolen. We will cancel your current card, transfer the remaining balance to a new card, and then mail it out to you at the address on file. A lost/stolen card replacement fee applies.

Sorry I attempted to send number to call but as you can see it automatically takes it off..guess best way is through IRS.gov and "get my payment"

It's definitely not that simple.  I also had turbo card for last two years even though I was issued a new one this year for advance. I used IRS get my payment which initially didn't have enough info. I put in same turbo acct number that was on 2019 filed 1040 return. It stated that it would go to that acct but no payment date. Was locked out of acct 24hrs. When I finally logged in it stated a check was being mailed to address on file instead of direct deposit. No updates since Friday. Why some got theirs to be deposited to turbo I haven't a clue. But definitely no straight answers from anywhere. 

• From what I can understand is the next round of checks goes out April 24 2020. If you have updated your acct info on the IRS/get my check portal then chances are you're in good shape. This whole thing with Green Dot/ Turbo Tax  card deposits has been disastrous for many people. IRS saying they'll use latest info from 2018/2019 tax returns to Turbo saying IRS has all that info is just crazy! BTW your info on the IRS/ get my money needs to be very much like what's on your 1040.  Try putting in the dashes when it comes to your social security number,correct zip code, etc..( because if your address is on a Circle or Street it needs specifics.. i.e. IS IT Circle or is it Cir or St?)
  •  I know I know sounds crazy but my household went through this and had waited the 24 hr before you log in thing too. Definitely not that easy but good luck and keep trying! Hope this helps

thank you

Turbo Tax is lying

@Mheadrick5081 @This isn’t true...I updated my info on the 15 and it still hasn’t given me a deposit date. It just says “you qualify for the stimulus and we will update when we have a deposit date” nowhere in there does it say anything about the 24th. Y’all originally said we would receive through direct deposit. We all determined (with the exception to some) that was a lie. If you don’t know the answers then just own up and say “we don’t know” instead of giving people who really need this money any kind of false hope

I wouldn't say TurboTax is lying. I would say they just aren't telling you everything. If they were to directly say, "No. Your stimulus package WILL NOT be deposited onto your Turbo Debit Card." Then they would be making a negative statement towards their own product and they're trying to avoid any type of controversy from those who chose Turbo Debit Cards. I'm sure they weren't prepared for a situation like this and they want to avoid losing any customers who chose this product.

Have faith in IRS website. If the IRS says, "NO, we do not have enough information on you for a direct deposit." Then I would take that seriously and update your information immediately. You could even update your bank information using your Turbo Debit Card if it is still active. Go to the IRS website. Do not rely on TurboTax for your deposit. If the website says they will update your information, then be patient. They are a government authority. They WILL update your information if they say so.

Total Garbage.  They are lying

In no way trying to give false hope. Maybe I should have been clear. I was not referring to your taxes in any way..I was on my own account at IRS and it DID say they had my Stimulus check going out April 24. All I mean I'm saying is that the best way is to go to IRS/GET MY PAYMENT. Don't rely on Turbo Tax deposits on your card.

Updated April 21 2020 

Eligible individuals may be receiving the payment as early as April 15, with additional funds expected on April 22 and 29, and other days throughout the month, via direct deposit into the same bank account reflected on the 2019 or 2018 return filed by the taxpayer. Eligible individuals who did not use direct deposit when filing may be receiving a paper check several weeks from now.

You can check on the status of your economic impact payment (stimulus check) through (External)irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

@andavis11 - if you updated your deposit information, the IRS told Congress that updates through a Thursday will be direct deposited by the end of the following week.  

so if you updated your account on the 15th, the direct deposit should be by Friday. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies