Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does my filing date have the title ready for mail when returning amended tax forms?

I amended my taxes and I can't track my refund due to not understanding if the title Ready for Mail is the same as the filing date that I would use through IRS. gov
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Does my filing date have the title ready for mail when returning amended tax forms?

"Ready to Mail" in your account means you did not e-file.  And if you did not print it and mail it yourself the return has not been filed at all.   If you did not file it, you can print it, sign and date it in ink, and mail it in.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

If this is for your 2022 amendment you can efile it now if the return is eligible ... complete the FILE tab to make that choice.  

When you log into the program, if you are not given the option to continue the return, then scroll down and click on ADD A STATE to let you back in the program. 

"Ready to mail" means: "ready for you to mail". TurboTax doesn't care that this causes confusion for its customers.

If you did not file, you do not amend either.

Submit your revised/corrected Form 1040 as you originally filed tax return.

@crazik068755 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies