Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tairee98

Do I pay the fee now or can it be taken out of my refund?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

There is an extra $39.99 charge to have the fees taken from your refund.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

There is an extra $39.99 charge to have the fees taken from your refund.

Yes I want the taxs taken out of refund

@Abphillips72 wrote:

Yes I want the taxs taken out of refund

The option to pay the TurboTax account fees from the federal tax refund will not be available until the federal tax return is finalized to e-file in January 2022.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for information on paying the account fees with the federal tax refund - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/can-i-pay-with-my-refund/00/25711

@Abphillips72 Do you mean you want to pay your TurboTax fees from your federal refund?   If your federal refund will be enough to pay the software fees AND the extra $39.99 refund processing fee to have a third party bank process your refund then when you are in the FILE section you will be able to make that choice.  Please make note that if your refund take too long to arrive (IRS delays, etc.) then you will also be agreeing that the TurboTax fees can be extracted from your bank account even before your refund is issued by the IRS.  This comes as an unpleasant shock to many people every year.   It is better to pay for the software upfront using a credit card than to face the extra $39.99 fee and the possibility of the fees coming out of your account at a very inconvenient time.

And....you can never pay state tax due from a federal refund, so do not expect that.   The state tax due has to be paid directly to your state.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies