turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

shay3455

Do I need to file another return if the copy shows it is not e- signed with numbers and not dated?

I efiled a joint return, it was accepted, but my copy shows no signatures, date, or pin #. How do we both sign and date it now? Do we have to refile it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Do I need to file another return if the copy shows it is not e- signed with numbers and not dated?

When you e-file your tax return you do not mail anything to the IRS since all of your tax data was included in the e-file.

On the Form 1040 there will not be a signature, date or PIN since the federal tax return was e-filed using a PIN and/or the 2018 AGI which verifies your identity with the IRS.

If you find that you need to provide a "signed" copy to a lender, etc. someday, you each take out a pen and sign it on the line that says "Sign here."

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies