Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
revmkschue-129

Did anyone else receive a letter 4883C - and is finding it impossible to get through to the IRS?

I received the letter in May 2021.  Every time I call I can't even get put on hold due to "extremely high call volume"
3 Replies
Critter-3
Level 15

Did anyone else receive a letter 4883C - and is finding it impossible to get through to the IRS?

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-letter-4883c-or-6330c

What happens if I cannot verify?

If we can’t verify your identity over the phone, we will ask you to schedule an appointment and bring the documents listed above to your local IRS office to verify in person.

revmkschue-129

The problem is NOT that they can't verify my identity over the phone. The problem is that I cannot even get through to a human being on the phone. I am concerned that this is a seemingly impossible task

Critter-3
Level 15

That is an issue as the IRS is understaffed and overwhelmed with work.   Try just before 7am your time zone.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.49m
Members

2.63m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v