Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

On my 1040 it had my personal bank info not SBTPG. And again it was direct deposit I did not use or get a card. And bank does a prompt pay where my paycheck and deposits come early for me. So probably should not have actually received until tomorrow or next day but because bank pays early I received this morning. I also filled early before irs was even accepting returns. That is about all I got that could help good luck to all. The portal will be open by end of week so if have to change to bank info vs the card you should be able to do that then.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@MadaraUchiha Actually you are quite ridiculous. The IRS has clearly stated to several people and is a fact that what is on your refund as DD info will be where your stimulus money goes.

When TT withheld fees you authorized for your funds to be intercepted and fees removed then deposited.

simple period.

@Danimal93 did u receive that alert from ur type card or did u have to request the info

@1angrymama  I received the alert from a text. I turned on notifications for DD on a day ago through the card app. I did NOT request it. They just sent it.

I just got a notice through my gmail. It stated that you will receive your stimulus on  April 15th. I am getting it on my turbotax card.

So my other question to those receiving their funds is. Are you just a single person receiving funds (so $1200) or is anyone a larger family like mine (not that a family of 4 is larger just comparing to a single person of 1) and receiving, supposedly, $3,400?

Screenshot_20200413-101739_Gmail.jpg

Just got this a few minutes ago

And no I did not have fees taken out or any kind of loan

Family of 4 here and no supposedly about it.

I personally am single and have no dependents but I have seen on reddit screenshots of people with the turbo card getting higher deposits say 2400 3200 etc. What I think the IRS is doing is lining up the correct amount of money with every account then they will release it all at once. That's my assumption.

@Danimal93 wrote:

I personally am single and have no dependents but I have seen on reddit screenshots of people with the turbo card getting higher deposits say 2400 3200 etc. What I think the IRS is doing is lining up the correct amount of money with every account then they will release it all at once. That's my assumption.

See this IRS website for stimulus payment information - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

What do you mean by fees? The only fee I didnt pay was the one for tt to do my taxes. But they basically said it's free cause of covid

@BeatriceBlue34 

Just because the option to file a "registration" return to get a stimulus payment  opened up before the portal to check on  the progress of your DD doesn't mean they are getting money any faster.  It just means that program (which is just a small variation of the current tax program) was ready first.   

Building a portal for millions  to be able to check the progress or change/ add  DD info has never been done before.  And it has yet to be tested in live operations ... I foresee the system crashing many times in the next week as it is overwhelmed with requests.  And sadly I believe many may not be able to use it just as many cannot access the online transcript system now especially  if this is an added function to the currently available portal. 

Patience will be needed by all parties in this time of uncertainty. 

My standard info ...

If you have already filed a 2019 return there is nothing you can do until something happens on the IRS side… and they are ahead of schedule which is evidenced by the test deposits some saw  over the weekend. 

If you get the DD in the next 2 weeks then you are done. 

If you do not get the DD by the time the IRS finally opens the promised portal (now expected by 4/17) then you can check on the status and/or  update your information at that time.    https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

irs  filers .png

@Critter My problem is this. that tool will Only be used if they don’t have banking information at all if you have information on your 1040 which my tt card is then you cant change it so am wait until the 15th but if it’s not there then we need answers cause that’s means it going to the info that’s in our taxes but we’re not seeing it  and we may NOT be able to change it later if that’s what they submitted to the irs

READ THE FIRST TWO SENTENCES  EFE3B41A-BC9A-4BCF-A442-D5689204FC0F.png

@Parkerr27 

What I meant by fees is if you have to pay to get your taxes done and you had those fees taken out of your refund...hope this helps

eyunter

**bleep** if that's true, then having TurboCard and having fees taken out meaning that people have to wait on a check is messed up and TT really needs to be held accountable. A lot of other prepaid cards that had fees taken out are getting their deposit. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies