Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

U think half the people on here don’t know what they talking about . I am in the same boat as you. Why should people who a filed there taxes have to wait longer then the people who ain’t never filed on time like we supposed to and have?? This is so frustrating that this company does not know anymore info then the keep telling us the same crap over and over shame on u turbo tax why did we use this in the first place???

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@Tranjeremy78 

I agree they tell the tax preparer to offer clients the Walmart money card. 

We know that funds will be put on Turbo Cards that didn't recieve an advance or have funds taken out,  many Turbo Card users , everyone I seen with notifications live in NY which makes sense with everything going on.  As of those with refund advances or refund transfers that's been the question, not only with TT but HR as well.  Someone shared a post stating there IRS transcripts she had from IRS matched with her card , another forum member cited theirs as blank.  Any questions about this see earlier post regarding SBTPG third party involvement in the processing and using their site if your return was in fact processed using them. 

I have turbo card but didn't recieve my STIMULUS on it yet

I believe we are confusing several situations because of the product name.

It appears some folks who DD info on the 1040 is the 3rd party bank info, and not connected to thier personal bank. These folks may have turbo cards but it could be just a tax card like a temporary debit.

We also have folks who have the TT green dot checking account card. These folks DD info matches the info on your 1040. I am certain they are using our 1040 which is filed electronically just the way we send it for legal reasons. These members have actual debit checking accounts. If your 1040 does not show your banking info thats when Id panic. Everyone else just needs to be patient...

Same product name but different circumstances....

Yes they are using our 1040s its the quickest most efficient way to handle this......

U sound like u know a little so ok I have the TurboTax prepaid card it has the same info checking info like on my w2  

@Mirahzh  yes you are correct cause its a actual bank and all the numbers match 1040 and i get deposits all the time to my checking.i also just spoke with a lady who called and they told her as long as your numbers match then your good cause thats where the irs is sending it too.also yea some people got some non reloadble card from stpg and its messing them up

@Mirahzh 

Unfortunately the other is that people are saying bc a temporary deposit acct is created to have fee deducted, the number we see on our 1040 when we download our return on TT has been added for our benefit after they’ve filed our taxes.  That’s doesn’t sound right and it seems kind of fraudulent, but that’s what is causing all the confusion here with the TT card and if our stimulus will be added if we had fees taken out.

Its most differently fraudulent because filing an amended return they ask for the same info. Our 1040 is the exact paper version of what is sent to the IRS. 

This is also why bank info cant be changed. Can you imagine turbo tax giving us one copy of something and submitting something totally different to the IRS

We should boycott Santa Barbara!!!

@Mirahzh its not fraud because tax prepares are legal and you sign an agreement letting them represent you. its a legal contract even if you choose not to read it

That would be true if my tax return doesnt say self prepared. Im looking for the actual agreement to send different info to the irs then is on my actual 1040. How is that even great record keeping 

20200411_200626.jpg

Green Dot doesn't issue the loan themselves.  It's done through a third party.  The question is how are these funds collected.  

Screenshot_20200411-171652.png

Just got this from NetSpend email ..but I also have a TurboTax card from filing this year..

Ok if NetSpend is getting it then US TurboTax users should definitely get it if not..then not using TurboTax next year

Hope this helps

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies