Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Costco Turbotax product

I used the Costco Turbotax product thinking this would be great with the reduced price.  However, my 2022 taxes aren't shown in Turbotax.  They are only on my computer.

My problem is that I need to file an amended return due to my paying tax on the CA Middle Class Tax Refund payment of $700 from the state of CA.  The IRS decided they wouldn't charge tax on this but I filed prior to their announcement.  So, since I filed on Feb. 18th, I checked and the IRS has cashed my check and my account is clear, I think I should file my amended return.  However, the Costco Turbotax product does not have a place for an amended return.  

I found that I should submit a 1040X but I don't want to do this alone as I'm afraid I won't complete it correctly.  How can I get this prepared for me?  It looks like the IRS should refund $135 and the state of CA refund is $37.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Costco Turbotax product

Yes, your installed desktop software has a way for you to amend..   Go to Federal>Other Tax Situations>Other Tax Forms>Amend a Return

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Costco Turbotax product

I'm amazed at how quickly my question was answered!  I have completed my amended return and e-filed it, thanks to your help!  🙂

I have a new question.  On my 2022 tax return I paid the IRS $953.  They cashed that check.  Now they owe me $135.  After I e-filed, the program told me I needed to mail in a tax payment voucher for the corrected amount of $818.  Do I really need to do this since I've already paid?

Costco Turbotax product

No.   Go by the actual 1040X.  Line 18 should be your original refund amount and line 22 should be your additional refund.  If you paid on your original return it will be on line 16.  If there is an amount owed with the amendment, it will be on line 20.

Ignore the 1040V.  That is for the original return or what the original return would have been if it didn’t need correcting.  

Costco Turbotax product

No----since you already paid you do not have to pay again.

You can watch for information regarding your amended return here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Costco Turbotax product

Thank you TurboTax Community!   You have helped me every time I needed help. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies