Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Correcting a Rejected Return

I need help fixing a rejected e-file. The message from TT says it was rejected due to issues with the Inherited IRA. The problem is I don't have an inherited IRA. I double checked my return and couldn't find any reason why they'd think I had an inherited IRA. I have used TT for 15 or 20 years, and have had all the same IRA's. I've never had a rejected return in that time. I looked for a "Help Me Fix It" link, but couldn't find it. I just resubmitted the return again. How many times am I allowed to resubmit a rejected return? Would appreciate any suggestions or comments. Thanks. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Final Update....

After receiving my second rejection, when I opened TT, it said there was an update available, so I updated TT. I re-reviewed my input by going through the guided input process again, and making sure everything was correct. I didn't change anything, just confirmed the original input was correct. After that, I resubmitted again and this time it was accepted. Bottom line, I don't have any idea why they rejected it in the first place, or why they approved the third submittal after twice rejecting the same return, but I don't care anymore.....it's accepted, I'm done.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you need to submit your return again, I am posting information to assist you. Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information about rejected returns and how to fix them:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/how-do-i-fix-a-rejected-return/00/26136

Please see the Customer Support phone number below for further assistance:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Final Update....

After receiving my second rejection, when I opened TT, it said there was an update available, so I updated TT. I re-reviewed my input by going through the guided input process again, and making sure everything was correct. I didn't change anything, just confirmed the original input was correct. After that, I resubmitted again and this time it was accepted. Bottom line, I don't have any idea why they rejected it in the first place, or why they approved the third submittal after twice rejecting the same return, but I don't care anymore.....it's accepted, I'm done.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies