Congratulations @psireeta211 - Page 15

I filed early on 1/13/19 and it was accepted on 1/15/19 but now it say "we cannot provide any information about your refund""

Hey guys been following the forum since it begin. Let me tell you my story. Filed on 1/17 received a letter dated for 2/8 on 2/13. Called on 2/13 to verify. Waited two weeks to call back to check on the status. A lady told me my case was closed out on 2/14 and my return was put back into processing. Called on March 1 and spoke with a nice guy who told me I had to ID verify. I explained to him I had already called on 2/13 to verify then called back on 2/27 and was told my return was put back into processing. He told me that no one even noted on my account that I called to ID verify and my account had not be noted neither time I called. I wish I would have written down those numbers the IRS agents give as their ID number when u call. But anyway he transferred me over to the ID verification department. Oh let me add on 2/27 I did call the number on the letter I received from the verification department again before I called the IRS and a very rude lady answered and I told her I wanted to check on the status of my refund after verifying and she told me if I already verified I need to call the IRS. So I hung up and then spoke to the nice guy. So after the guy transferred me over I spoke with a nice lady who finally told me I was a victim of Identity theft and the reason I hadn't gotten my refund is because someone else filed using my social security number because my actual return I filed was done. So my return I actually filed got rejected. She also told me that when I called on 2/13 the lady did not tell me I didn't pass verification because my numbers did not match as far as what I was getting back on my tax return. Instead of the first lady I talked to telling me I did not pass verification because of the two different returns being done she just hung up. If she would have told me on 2/13 that I had identify theft and needed to file a paper return I would have felt better about the situation but it took three phone calls before I found this out. Mine you the second time I called the lady told me everything looks good with my return and my case was closed on 2/14. But when I called on 3/1 the guy said just because she told you your case was closed doesn't mean it went back into processing. All the agents I spoke to told me 9 weeks before I get my refund but with identify theft and having to file a paper return I'm sure it will be August or September before I get my money. I understand they were behind and alot of them did not get paid while working but we are hard working people who paid taxes and want our money just like they did when they went back to work. After the nice lady told me I had identify theft she did tell me I needed to file a paper return so I did and that has been one week ago so I'm just waiting. I have been working since I was 15 and filing taxes for 22 years and I have never seen or heard of it taking this long for people to get their money. I think it ridiculous and unorganized. I hope everyone that is waiting get your money soon because we all have different situations and need our money. I have lost all hope and at least I know now what's going on. Prayers for everyone

I have never heard or seen all the letters and reviews that the IRS has sent out this year in my 40 years of living. I just said whenever I get my money out of them this year they won't have to worry about me next year because I will not be filing. My baby boy is autistic and I'm now a stay at home Mom.

Ok I filed 1/7/19, Accepted 1/17/19, and after several phone calls I received a 4883c letter in the mail on 3/18/19 (two months after being accepted). Today I called and verified with a very pleasant IRS rep. Now the wait begins. I wonder what happens if my return hasn't been processed by 4/15/19? Will I have a late penalty?? I will post if I receive any updates. Keeping hope alive!

@psireeta211 Wow. Good question. I just sent my paper return a week ago so hopefully by April 15th I will know something

@psireeta211 and if we don't get it by then do they add interest or not because I had Identity theft?

@kristalrob23 I have no idea. Hopefully we won't have to find out.

@psireeta211 I know right. I hope not either.

Good morning. Any updates for y'all? I just spoke with someone who filed an amended return on 3/6 and got her money on 3/11. Now tell me where that makes any sense!!!

I called twice yesterday and since I had identity theft both of the ladies told me they couldn't even look up my info until it has been 6 weeks since they received my paper return. Like really!! I originally filed on 1/17 but for some reason it was not processed by the IRS until 2/6. I received a letter on 2/13 dated for 2/8 and called on 2/13 to verify. Called two weeks later on 2/28 and was told my case was closed out on 2/14 and my return was put back into processing. Called again on 3/1. Third time calling and finally found out that I had identity theft and I needed to file a paper return. It's only been a week since we I sent it in the mail but I was told yesterday that it will take 6 weeks before I can call and find out the status of it. Smh. Good luck to everyone getting an update or deposit date. My last year filing taxes!!!

Filed 1/7, accepted 1/17, received 4883c letter on 3/18, verified 3/19.....I finally have a DDD! 3/27/19!!!

@psireeta211  congratulations

Congratulations @psireeta211