Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IVYWILL09

CK ACCOUNT GLITCH CLOSED MY ACCT AFTER FILED AND ACCEPTED RETURN !!!!! WTH

My TURBO TAX filed & Accepted return has Direct Deposit bank account details for a CREDIT KARMA spend account that has since been closed. ( See below if you care to know how... lol )  When the IRS receives it back from TT will the IRS still mail a paper check if I have  a correct and updated deposit account on my IRS Account?  and if this has happened to anyone can you give me a timeframe ???

OK !  I'm a Usual early filer , information such as , Job , CHILDREN , ADDRESS AND BANK account has been same and consistent for over 8 years, BUT THIS year I was approved for a refund loan through my CREDIT KARMA spend account ,confirmed that information and efiled. (1/10 in pending status) , following day requested new debit card through the CK app and received notification via (TEXT & EMAIL ) that my new card had been shipped and it would arrive in 7-10 business days (TYPICAL) .. (1/11)  Woke up following morning and logged into CK to add my virtual card details (PREVIOUSLY SEEN THE DAY BEFORE!!) to my apple wallet ..... BUT now could see no Spend account details on my dashboard click the MONEY tab and ------ ITS GIVING ME FRIGGIN DETAILS TO START AN ACCOUNT .............BUT THEN TOLD ME I * AT THIS TIME COULD NOT CREATE AN SPEND OR SAVINGS ACCOUNT.  4- Chats no response from CK, 2 Rep calls that cycle me back to chat  3- calls TT , 2 chats only to still receive no response or RESOLVE.  IRS Accepted my return 1/18  so waiting for what I thought would be help is now TOO LATE at this point to make ANY changes.  AND NOW THEY TELL ME I HAVE TO WAIT ON A REJECTION AND FUNDS TO BE SENT BACK TO IRS AND THEN WAIT ON A D$$M PAPER CHECK - WHICH COULD NOW BE OVER 30 DAY WAIT.............. WTH ??????

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Amber H

I'm trying to get answers myself. I'm getting sent in circles. I have been filling with TurboTax for awhile now. 2 years ago this would be my 3rd, I got the spend card through Credit karma. They first said that there was a glitch on their end and they closed my account. Second time I I text with somebody because you can't call they said they tried to verify my identity. I didn't respond because I got nothing and they close my account. My refund is going to that account and I do not know what the heck to do?? 😭😔

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

There was a bulk account closure on January 25th. They have since paused the bulk account closure process. 

Customers were notified ahead of time if their account was going to be closed, by email. They were closed if Credit Karma needed you to verify your banking information was accurate and you failed to do this by the deadline or if you had a negative balance and did not bring your account back into good standing prior to the deadline. 

If your account was closed either on the day you received the Refund Advance or right before you received it, then you will receive a check in the mail. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies