Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bryannepappas
Returning Member

Cashier's Check From SBTPG says that it is from 2020

I filed my taxes through turbotax. I received my state taxes via direct deposit, no problem. I finally received a check from Santa Barbara Tax Products Group for $151.96 less than what it should have been. I assumed that this was for the paper check but even that is a ridiculous amount, especially considering that I know for sure that my direct deposit works considering I got my state taxes back!  Not to mention, on this form, it says "We were unable to complete a deposit of your 2020 federal (an state, if applicable) income tax using the designated account information. As a result, your refund minus authorized fees is being disbursed to you via this cashier's check. If you have questions about your refund, please call Santa Barbara Tax Products Group at [phone number removed].

First of all, I filed and received my 2020 tax returns last year. This should be for my 2021 federal tax returns, why does it say 2020? And when I got on the phone with them, I heard that my loan application is being sent to the IRS. I did not request a loan and I have not cashed this check out of fear of it being fraudulent or essentially acting as a loan.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
Cnavarro8686
Returning Member

I also have received a letter from the irs about an adjustment and than received a greendot cashiers check. When I went to the bank to cash my check it says not valid. Try calling nothing now waiting till Monday when they open and see what's going on because my amount owed is over 4 thousand dollars 

"When I went to the bank to cash my check it says not valid."

a cashier's check is not supposed to bounce.

how does that happen?

They print it to look like a cashier's check.

If you got a check dated 2020 it is probably not valid after such a long time without being cashed.

Cnavarro8686
Returning Member

Not a check dated 2020 it was an adjustment made to my 2020 filing that was issued to me this year the check is dated fir this year just having trouble cashing it 

Cnavarro8686
Returning Member

It's a legit check and the amount is correct I checked my transcripts online on the irs website just nor sure to why I'm having trouble cashing it. I'm hoping I can call the bank void that check and have the money deposited into my bank account 

Why not just deposit the cashier's check into your bank account?

SJGrayson3
Returning Member

I have a question did you get the  chance to cash your check after all the problems you had face

Did you get an answer on this? I too got cashies check.  Aldo saying we were unable to complete aa deposit of your 2020 federal tax.  Etc. So I call the number and it says to go to this website today's day is April 30 2023.

It seems to ne whoever or wherever you go to cash this they want the - check cashing place- walmart- bank. They are supposed to go to a website to verify this but it says I cannot.....IM CONFUSED ABOUT THIS, ITS BEEN DENIED AT WALMART( HOWEVER, BELIEVE IT OR NOT THEYRE TO BUSY TO GET ON THE WEBSITE) I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT TO DO AND WHY WAS I NOT SENT A CHECK FROM IRS

My check is dated 2023 but the note attached to it says 2020

I too can't cash this check. I just came out of speedy cash and it was not verified. Has anyone got this check cashed?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is not affiliated with SBTBG and can not get any information from them for you because of privacy laws. 

I was able to find these numbers for them: 877.908.7228 and 800.901.6663. This is their main website: https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/ and this is their help center website: https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Those numbers all lead to an automated service line. Cant get anyone on the phone for answers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies