turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

canceling estimated tax payments

I believe I committed to paying my 2020 taxes through four payments over the coming year. I want to stop the IRS from moving forward and collecting these tax estimates and want to pay next year. How can I cancel the payments the IRS has scheduled?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If you have a Form 1040-ES after completing the 2019 tax return for paying 2020 estimated taxes, those forms can only be printed and mailed by you to make the estimated tax payment with a check or money order.  They are optional and are not reported to the IRS.

If you used the IRS payment website and enrolled with Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) scheduling 4 estimated tax payments to be debited from your bank account, then you would have to cancel those payments.

https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/

Perfect, I even checked with the IRS. Thank you.

ctcook

If you haven't filed yet, go to the forms section and find the EST tax form. Go through the form and click on no, do not file estimated taxes and down at the bottom click on not to print the forms. This will remove it. 

You actually do not have to send them if you have already filed.... I hope this helps

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies