Can you fix the misunderstanding that TT needs to take out its fee from my refund?

xiexiejeveux

Email from TT says "looks like you haven't gotten your refund, so we'll debit your acct." I HAVE gotten it; it was reduced and applied to my balance from last year. so don't bill me.

xiexiejeveux

i have a statement from turbo tax, showing i paid the fee the day i filed.

Did you pay it with a credit card?  Do you show it coming out of your bank account?  It was suppose to come out of your refund but the IRS kept your refund so Turbo Tax never got paid.  You still owe it.  The IRS doesn't deduct the fees first.  The IRS didn't send Turbo Tax the fees. The IRS sent your whole refund to your past due balance.

So your refund was seized for a debt you owed?  The IRS took your refund before TurboTax got paid its fee. So per the agreement you signed TurboTax can deduct its fee from your account. 

xiexiejeveux

i have documentation showing i paid TurboTax already. it would be nice if there was a way to submit that.

Do your bank/credit card records show that you paid?
xiexiejeveux

yes