mderienzo1

Can you call NCDOR and get anyone live on the phone? Is anyone else having the same issue with their state refund taking a long time to get back?

We filed our taxes 1/28 but still don't have our state refund back yet. I routinely check the status online and for about two weeks it has said " it will be deposited within the next 10 days" but I still don't have anything. I cannot seem to get anyone to actually speak to on the phone at NCDOR.

CarolynM

Yes, but it is very hard time of the year to reach a real person at any tax agency.

Yes. Many, many, many people are experiencing delays receiving the refunds of the state and federal taxes. As part of increased efforts to reduce tax identity theft, tax agencies are taking a closer look at filed tax returns and delaying issuing refunds. 

If know you are frustrated, but these efforts are designed to protect you and all legit tax payers.