Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ET17
Level 2

Can't get .tax file from previous year

Hello,

I need to amend my tax returns for the years 2017, 2018 and 2019. I tried to follow the guidelines mentioned on the forum to download the .tax file but the thing is that I purchased Turbotax for each of these years under a different account (my mistake I guess). I bought the 2020 turbotax desktop this year and when I try to access my previous tax returns I only see the 2020 tax return in the list. If I login under the account that I used for the year 2017 I can find my tax return but turbotax won't let me download it because it says that I need to purchase the 2020 turbotax software (see below the message I get)... How can I get my 2017, 2018, 2019 .tax files so I can amend them? Is there someone at Turbotax who could just send them to me? I bought a Turbotax license for each of these years and I have less than a month to amend the 2017 tax return before the three years deadline...

"Download your past TurboTax returns

Looks like you didn't file with us last year or you filed using a TurboTax product that doesn't include access to prior-year returns.

To download your prior-year TurboTax returns, just get started with your 2020 tax return in the TurboTax product that's right for you." => I already bought the 2020 Premium Turbotax but under a different account.

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The phone number is in the link in the answer.

()800) 446-8848.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You will need to contact our customer support team by telephone to resolve this issue.  They will need to be able to access your two accounts and make changes so that you can download your tax files.  

Use this contact information.

ET17
Level 2

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, could you please provide me with the customer service phone number or the webpage where it is indicated? I'm struggling to find this phone number on TurboTax website.

Thank you in advance.

The phone number is in the link in the answer.

()800) 446-8848.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies