Solved: Can I upload last year's return even though this i...

Can I upload last year's return even though this is my first year to file as a widow?

My husband died in 2019, so I filed last year as married, still using my husband's name and ID.

I first attempted to upload last year's return by selecting the PDF file in my computer.  Since I had filed as married filing jointly last year, the file name had my husband's initial and, I assume, wouldn't upload for that reason.  Later, I simply hit "browse," and the TurboTax program found it for me, complete with all last year's data and showing me as filing this year as a widow.  I did not have to create a new account as was suggested.

Wanda M.

Since you can no longer file as Married, you need to create a new account with a new User ID.  Go to the TurboTax website for the online editions, select an edition to start and create a new account (Do NOT Sign in) - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

Wanda M.