turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can i refile separately fur 2016 since h&r block never used my income when filed mfj on my husbands??

I made 8,685 as h&r blo k never added it to a joint return and put me as a housewife nor did they file injured spouse due to my husband owing child support..

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can i refile separately fur 2016 since h&r block never used my income when filed mfj on my husbands??

If you filed a joint return in 2016, and it was incorrect, your only option is to file an amended joint return for 2016 that includes all the correct information.   You cannot change from a joint return to separate returns after the April 15 deadline. In any case, joint filing is almost always better, even if the incomes of the spouses are very different. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Why do you not go back to H and R Block to have them correct their error and file an amended 2016 return for you?  If you filed a joint return for 2016 you cannot change to separate returns after the filing deadline for a 2016 return.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

If you filed a joint return in 2016, and it was incorrect, your only option is to file an amended joint return for 2016 that includes all the correct information.   You cannot change from a joint return to separate returns after the April 15 deadline. In any case, joint filing is almost always better, even if the incomes of the spouses are very different. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies