Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I get Intuit software for 2017. I have my receipt number showing purchased information. How do I get a software copy to open my tax record?

I have been audited by the Utah State Tax Commission. I cannot open the Intuit tax record saved as I do not have the software since we moved home.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Can I get Intuit software for 2017. I have my receipt number showing purchased information. How do I get a software copy to open my tax record?

TurboTax software for 2017 is no longer available, nor would it be supported even if you can find it on eBay, etc.  Updates are not available for 2017 software.    If you are unable to open your file, you might be able to use a paid service called TaxPrinter.   It is an outside service that is not affiliated with TurboTax---we do not know the fees for using it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

You don't have a pdf file of your return?  If you only have the .tax2017 data file  you could try the TaxPrinter service to convert a .tax file to pdf at
https://www.taxprinter.com

They might be expensive and it is probably not safe to email tax returns back and forth. They are not related to Turbo Tax.  I see it says federal is $44.99 and Federal + state is $79.99.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

You can get transcripts of your federal returns here - Get Transcript

You can get transcripts of your Utah returns here - Utah Tax Records

As mentioned previously, the 2017 TurboTax Software is no longer supported.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies