Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I get an answer on why I can't track my return and it's estimated date to receive the return was 2/12? Thanks.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Can I get an answer on why I can't track my return and it's estimated date to receive the return was 2/12? Thanks.

Is the date you are seeing on e-file status lookup tool? If so, TurboTax tracks whether your federal tax return as been accepted or rejected, and gives you an estimated date for receiving your refund based on a 21 day average from your date of acceptance, but it can take longer. Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has control of your tax return. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS.

When checking your refund status on the Where's My Refund? site, make sure to only enter your federal income amount, not federal and state combined. Another important factor can be if you are married filing jointly and make sure you are using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. 

The IRS website only updates once a day, during the overnight hours. It may show no information, if the site is down, being updated or overwhelmed.

If your return was accepted less than 21 days ago, hang in there. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval. Check back, it should update soon with your status.

f you are receiving the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Child Tax Credit, the IRS expects the earliest refunds with these credits to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards starting on Feb. 27, 2019.

For additional information please see the TurboTax FAQ below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302330

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Is the date you are seeing on e-file status lookup tool? If so, TurboTax tracks whether your federal tax return as been accepted or rejected, and gives you an estimated date for receiving your refund based on a 21 day average from your date of acceptance, but it can take longer. Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has control of your tax return. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS.

When checking your refund status on the Where's My Refund? site, make sure to only enter your federal income amount, not federal and state combined. Another important factor can be if you are married filing jointly and make sure you are using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. 

The IRS website only updates once a day, during the overnight hours. It may show no information, if the site is down, being updated or overwhelmed.

If your return was accepted less than 21 days ago, hang in there. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval. Check back, it should update soon with your status.

f you are receiving the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Child Tax Credit, the IRS expects the earliest refunds with these credits to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards starting on Feb. 27, 2019.

For additional information please see the TurboTax FAQ below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302330

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies