carlhua

Can I get a refund on my states I bought in Turbotax? - I accidentally bought them and do not need them.

mesquitebean

Desktop software has a 60-day unconditional moneyback guarantee, so you can phone in and tell Customer Support you don't need the state programs.

They are open now, so this might be a good time before they get busy.

Use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number.  Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

mesquitebean

Are you using Online TurboTax (web version) or desktop TurboTax (CD/download)?
carlhua

Desktop
mesquitebean

carlhua

I think there’s a misunderstanding.  I only want a refund for the extra states I purchased. Thanks
mesquitebean

I understand.   You can tell them what you want the refund for.    Your purchases are guaranteed for 60 days, including state programs.  TurboTax Support will work this out for you.