turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

carlhua
Returning Member

Can I get a refund on my states I bought in Turbotax? - I accidentally bought them and do not need them.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I get a refund on my states I bought in Turbotax? - I accidentally bought them and do not need them.

Desktop software has a 60-day unconditional moneyback guarantee, so you can phone in and tell Customer Support you don't need the state programs.

They are open now, so this might be a good time before they get busy.

Use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number.  Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Are you using Online TurboTax (web version) or desktop TurboTax (CD/download)?
carlhua
Returning Member

Desktop

Desktop software has a 60-day unconditional moneyback guarantee, so you can phone in and tell Customer Support you don't need the state programs.

They are open now, so this might be a good time before they get busy.

Use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number.  Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

carlhua
Returning Member

I think there’s a misunderstanding.  I only want a refund for the extra states I purchased. Thanks

I understand.   You can tell them what you want the refund for.    Your purchases are guaranteed for 60 days, including state programs.  TurboTax Support will work this out for you.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies