cordelia64

Can I find prior year tax filing?

ToddL99

Can I find prior year tax filing?

If you are trying to access a prior year tax return prepared through TurboTax, see How do I access a prior year return?

cordelia64

Can I find prior year tax filing?

Thank you Todd L. However, that does NOT work. I signed into my Turbo Tax account. But the online system treats me like a new client. It does NOT have my prior year forms. After two hours of trying, I finally reached a customer service person. They eventually found my prior year returns, but claim they're in another account. But, I DON'T have another account. So, they sent me an Account Recovery Request, which I completed, but...it doesn't work. The form just sits there and doesn't send to Turbo Tax. So...how can I speak to a Customer Service human who knows what they're doing?

ToddL99

Can I find prior year tax filing?

If the Account Recovery procedure did not work for you, your only option (with TurboTax) is to contact customer service again and ask them to escalate the problem . I know this doesn't sound appealing, but TurboTax representatives have no way of accessing or providing you with copies of prior year returns. The Account Recovery procedure is automated for security reasons, but if the problem is escalated through customer service you may be able to get additional assistance.

See What is the TurboTax phone number? 

You can also get a copy of a prior year tax transcript from the IRS. A return transcript shows most line items from your tax return just as you filed it. It also includes any forms and schedules you filed with your return.

See  How to Get a Copy of Your Prior Year's Tax Information