Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I change my return to itemized deductions after printing but before filing return?

In error I chose standard deduction on
federal return.  Can I change it to itemized after printing copies?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Can I change my return to itemized deductions after printing but before filing return?

You are posting from Self-Employed.   Are you perhaps confusing itemized deductions like mortgage interest and property tax with your Schedule C business expenses like mileage and supplies, etc.?   TurboTax defaults to your standard deduction unless you enter enough itemized deductions on a Schedule A to exceed your standard deduction.   Forcing itemized deductions is unlikely to help you.   You can try --and see the results --- since you say you have not filed yet.

HOW TO FORCE ITEMIZED DEDUCTIONS

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900142-how-do-i-change-from-the-standard-deduction-to-itemized-or...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
TomK100
Expert Alumni

Please see this TurboTax FAQ about How do I change from the standard deduction to itemized (or vice-versa)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies