epvega69

Can i change my bank account information ... the Account number that is in there is not my account but the ROUTING NO. .. IS THERE.

MY ROUTING NUMBER ENDING IN #1169.... IS GOOD BUT MY ACCOUNT NO # ENDING IN # 6008....IS NOT GOOD  FOR ME  MY ACCOUNT # ENDING IN 156

Your banking information cannot be changed after your tax return has been filed and accepted.

You enter/change banking information in the FILE section before you file your 2020 return.  The information in your tax return does not go to the IRS until you file the tax return and it has been accepted for processing.

epvega69

YOUR ANSWERR WAS NOT NO HELP AT ALL...

If you have NOT e-filed yet you can change your banking information in the FILE section of the software.   

If you already e-filed your 2020 tax return you cannot change your banking information unless the return is rejected when the IRS begins to accept/reject returns on or after February 12.   If your return is rejected then you will be able to change the banking information you entered.  Then you can re-file the return.

If the return is accepted by the IRS with incorrect banking information, when it goes to the wrong bank account the bank will send the deposit back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will mail a check to the address on your tax return.

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...