Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can download 2020 but not 2021 or 2022

I need to download older versions in order to amend my returns. I see the option to download 2020, but not 2021 or 2022. My license key for 2020 shows up in my account, but my keys for 2021 and 2022 do not. When I try to enter them, it says they are associated to another account. I only have the one account

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Are you logging into the site below?

https://accounts-tax.intuit.com/app/turbotaxdesktop

How did you do the original returns?  Did you use the Online version or the Desktop program?  If you used the Desktop program did you install them from the CD or the Download?  If you have the CDs you may need to call in and get a new License Code to install them.  

Yes, I have logged onto that site. I only see 2020 available even though I purchased CDs for all 3 years

I used the Desktop Download version. I still have the CDs, but when I called support, they said that there was nothing I could do after uninstalling the software.

Going through other posts it looks like the only solution is to amend the returns by hand. Considering my taxes are over 20 pages each, this is going to take a lot of work. I purchased Turbotax to avoid having to do my taxes by hand. Very disappointed in the poor support. With so many tax software available, I won't be using Turbotax ever again.

@gpham_ If you purchased the software as a download from TurboTax, then they should be listed in your download account.

Did you sign onto your download account using the same User ID that you used to purchase the software?

Go to this TurboTax website and then click on Access my downloadshttps://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

Check to see if you have more than one TurboTax account.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to view all of your TurboTax accounts - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/many-intuit-accounts-...

I have been using TurboTax downloads for at least the last twenty years.  When I sign onto my download account it shows downloads available for each tax year, 2023 thru 2014.

I bought the CDs from Target and Costco. I spoke with the Turbotax support team and they intentionally do not support CDs bought at retailers. Why do they sell them at retailers in the first place?

Support should be able to get you a license code for the CD's which are causing you a problem with being associated with another account.  This is not something new for support.  Whomever you spoke with may just be ill-informed.

Try contact support again on Monday and if you get the same answer as before escalate and speak with a manager.

I will also flag this post for review for one of the TurboTax Moderators of this forum who may want to get involved.  However, they will not see this post until Monday.

Support is open form 5am to 5pm Pacific time, Monday thru Friday.

AND...you need to think back and be very clear as to how you actually installed the software the very first time.

____P_

You bought the CDs for 21 and 22.

BUT

Did you actually install directly from the CDs when you first installed that year's software?

or did you switch to the alternate download procedure provided in the CD package.

Supposedly, (I think, but am not fully clear on this) I think if you used the CD itself the first time, then you need to use the CD again...there will be no download in your account if the CD itself was used first for that particular year.  

Yeah, this is just what I seem to recall from seeing occasional similar posts all year.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

In all 3 years, I downloaded the software. As I mentioned previously, 2020 is available for re-download, but 2021 and 2022 are not. My laptop does not have a CD drive.

Thank you. I will try calling support again on Monday

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies