turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have received a letter from the irs saying I owe over $7000.00 in unpaid taxes for 2016.i have tried and failed a number of times to find this.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I have received a letter from the irs saying I owe over $7000.00 in unpaid taxes for 2016.i have tried and failed a number of times to find this.

The letter tells you exactly why you owe the money.  What are they saying caused the increase in tax?

it shows 0 taxable wages and -$12,131 on line 43 0 tax on line 44 and o tax on line 63. I need you resend the 2016 filing. I received a refund of $2,800 that year.

it shows 0 taxable wages and -$12,131 on line for taxable income on line 43, 6 tax on line 44, and 0 tax on line 63. I need you to resend the 2016 filing. I received a refund of $2,800 that year. I don't know why they have the wrong information.

You'll have to call the IRS and ask them why they changed your tax return so drastically .

call to make sure you're not looking at a scam letter.

What you are saying about the numbers on those lines doesn't seem to lead to a $7,000 billing for tax, or maybe  you're entering amount son your own tax return and not the letter they sent explaining their changes.

You should call this group for help with your notice.  We do not resend returns for you but someone here can help you resend your own return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies