turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How will I know if my refund has been intercepted

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarciaB

Call the Bureau of the Fiscal Service directly at (800) 304-3107.

• Listen to the prerecorded message and do as instructed. Do not call on someone else's behalf, as this is a criminal offense.
  • You will need to enter your social security number when prompted. The BFS will search its database to see if there is an offset against your debt. Write down any information provided, including the creditor agency so you can call with any additional questions.
  • If you are married and file jointly, and your spouse's refund will be offset, you may be entitled to your part of the refund. To find out, file an Injured Spouse Allocation form, or form 8379. For more information about this process, call (800) 304-3107.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MarciaB

Call the Bureau of the Fiscal Service directly at (800) 304-3107.

• Listen to the prerecorded message and do as instructed. Do not call on someone else's behalf, as this is a criminal offense.
  • You will need to enter your social security number when prompted. The BFS will search its database to see if there is an offset against your debt. Write down any information provided, including the creditor agency so you can call with any additional questions.
  • If you are married and file jointly, and your spouse's refund will be offset, you may be entitled to your part of the refund. To find out, file an Injured Spouse Allocation form, or form 8379. For more information about this process, call (800) 304-3107.

How do we find out where our federal taxes are and how will we know if anything gets taken out of our taxes?

our taxes line is all the way through and everyone else around us has gotten theirs and we filed a day after theirs and want to know what is going on with our taxes and why they say accepted and havent received it at all?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Sometimes some tax returns take longer to process than others. You will get personalized refund information if you check back with Where's My Refund? once the IRS has processed and approved your refund.

You'll get an explanatory letter from the Bureau of the Fiscal Service if your refund is offset. See this for more information: What is a refund offset?

@Malvarez308

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies