Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jelay25
Returning Member

Box 14

I just file my tax about an hour ago and I missed one line under Box 14 because the amount shown in my W2 is not being accepted by turbo tax saying it shouldn't be greater than certain amount which is $29. Is it gonna impact my refund or do I have to amend my tax after?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Box 14

Box 14 is usually informational but does relate to some state tax issues. Without knowing more, we are not able to verify what you will need to do. What was the income related to?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jelay25
Returning Member

Box 14

FLI. And it says on turbotax form it shouldn't be greater than 29. But on my w2 says 46 something. So I just left it blank. Is there gonna be a problem or will cause delay?

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Box 14

No, it shouldn't cause a problem with filing or a delay - you can enter whatever limit the TurboTax program has identified as the maximum allowed. There are limits on how much employers can deduct for the types of taxes described in Box 14, but they won't affect your tax calculations.

Your employer has likely lumped 2 of the taxes (that apply to you) together on your W2. They are separate taxes with separate maximums, so you need to self-correct when you enter the W2. 

This post describes the issue in additional detail, although the maximums were for another tax year (they are updated every year - But Turbotax tells me NJ SDI can't be greater than $67. What can I do?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies