Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mslady254

Bank deposit/refund from TPG Product...

I'm lucky that my refund amount is correct...refund -minus cost of TurboTax product that I used -minus fee for the product cost to be deducted from my refund-minus the fee to process the payment via the tax refund. That's all good, and what I agreed to. However, I don't recall ever authorizing TPG products or any third party to have any of my information, ie Banking routing and account numbers !! / social security number/tax information/etc. Also, I don't know if the IRS sent the refund to TPG and then TPG deposited it in my account, or if this is an advance and is subject to change if IRS finds an error on my tax forms. I'm afraid to spend it , and don't know how to find out when it's 'final' since, apparently I won't get a check/info from the ACTUAL IRS. IF I use Turbotax again, I WILL NOT select to pay them from the refund!! I'm not one bit happy with the way this was handled, I read everything carefullly and did not agree to anyone but the IRS issuing the refund to me,and the payments to Turbotax. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Maybe you did not read the screens carefully enough when you chose refund processing.   You actually signed an agreement that said your refund would go first to the third party bank and that if the IRS was too slow to issue your refund, your bank account could be debited for your fees.   Your refund went from the IRS to SBTPG---the third party bank--and then that bank took out your TurboTax fees and sent the rest of the refund to you.  You are okay to spend your refund as you please.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

You can go to the IRS website for the status of federal tax refund and see the amount of the refund that was sent - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

The amount from the IRS minus the amount of the TurboTax account fees and the $39 TPG service charge should be what was deposited into your bank account.

When you selected to have the TurboTax account fees paid from the federal tax refund the $39 service charge for this option was shown on the web page where you made the selection

Pay with Refund Fee.JPG

The agreement to have Santa Barbara Tax Products group receive the federal tax refund was offered to you to read in the File section of the online TurboTax program on Step 3

Refund Processing Agreements.JPG

The electronically signed agreements will be included with your tax return when you use Print Center and the option for all worksheets.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

My refund was processed on 2-24-22 by the IRS.  Still have not received refund that the IRS sent to the Third Party to send out a check. I've been mislead and told routing issues with bank account, paper check being sent out on 2 separate days and months and been told it's been deposited. So which is it ? 6 weeks and counting.. Absolutely no errors on my returns. What happened to the 48 hr window? 

The IRS paid TurboTax and SBTG and while I understand that a filing fee was to be taken then refund sent,  I have yet to get a refund even though an email was sent on 2-24-22 to check my accounts.

I've gone to everyone's websites, left emails and numerous hours on the phone with no response.

My bank has NO transactions of the money or attempted deposits. 

Enough is enough.

Get the company that was hired by TurboTax to send the money to their customers. Or better yet, have TurboTax start paying out to their customers and then they can go after SBTPG for reimbursement of money...

I have for years trusted TurboTax and did not think it necessary to read everything very carefully and was also surprised by the deposit from TPG.    I will never use TurboTax again,  There are other products.

Total bull**bleep**! I was sent 828 on a 975 refund,...how is that possible. The product was $70, how is there $75 in "processing fees"?? **bleep** Turbo Tax, will never use them again.

$75 in fees for the push of two buttons?!!

Why is it all of you corporate **bleep** just continue to pummel the little guy when we are already hurting? Gotta make those **bleep** profits. Turbo Tax and SPTG can all go **bleep** themselves

Fqueen778

I'm sorry to hear this but I'm glad I'm not the only one dealing with this SHIZZ it's page states they sent my refund the 22nd and nothing I got the confirmation email and everything no errors as far as I know nothing states on the IRS page or anything yet it's March 1 and I haven't gotten anything on the 26th it shows that TPG or what ever the 3rd party is took another fee out which I have never had happen with turbo tax it's always been easy until this year but they took their fee 2/26/24 and I haven't gotten it and nothing is pending in my account I don't understand it cuz everyone else I know has gotten there's from turbo tax so now I'm worried that something happened it's frustrating 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies