turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

medin03

What if I forgot to input my 1095-C form and I already filled for my taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You don’t need your form 1095-C to file your tax return. The TurboTax interview should have asked you questions about your health coverage but your Form 1095-C isn’t needed. Just keep the form for your personal records. 

Just review the form for accuracy. If it matches what you reported on your return for the health insurance portion, you do not need to do anything else.  It's just the form that tells the IRS what type of health coverage you were on and how long you had the coverage. 

Other Related Topics:

View solution in original post

10 Replies
medin03

It did ask me the question about my insurance but I only entered the form 1095-A I did not have my 1095-C I didn't know about this other form until I received it today. What should I do now after I already filed?

As long as you have added your 1095-A to the return and answered the health questions, you are okay. If you've already filed and then receive the form 1095-C, it's ok. You don't need to amend your return. Just keep it with your personal records. It's not entered on your return at all.
medin03

Okay thank you very much for your help it was informative, I appreciate it.

You are welcome.

You don’t need your form 1095-C to file your tax return. The TurboTax interview should have asked you questions about your health coverage but your Form 1095-C isn’t needed. Just keep the form for your personal records. 

Just review the form for accuracy. If it matches what you reported on your return for the health insurance portion, you do not need to do anything else.  It's just the form that tells the IRS what type of health coverage you were on and how long you had the coverage. 

Other Related Topics:

Jbeck803
Returning Member

What if I'm not sure if I answered the insurance question correctly when filing my taxes and now have my 1095-c form. How do I make a correction to my return?

i forgot to enter the 1095-c info from my employer

BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

@comorton7201

There is no need to enter the 1095-C into TurboTax. Just put the 1095-C into your permanent tax file.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
chyhart
Returning Member

Me to me to, i'm confused because no where did turbotax mention anything about  1095-C. I have read many responses claiming we dont have to put that info in but there's a Box 15. (employee required contribution) and its $92.16. I definitely did not input that amount into anything on turbo tax. Is this a problem? I can't even find where i would have if i did miss something. 

ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

You shouldn't enter anything form form 1095-C into TurboTax. You don't need that form for your tax preparation, only the form 1095-A would be used, but you won't receive that form if you received the form 1095-C. It just reports information about your health insurance coverage offered by your employer.

@chyhart

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies