turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anyone else still waiting and today marks 21 days

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Same.  I haven't been able to get through to the IRS at all. Orange bar is gone and transcript is still n/a.

The IRS is running behind due to COVID and a huge amount of early tax returns being filed this year.

21 days is not a magic number - it is just an average.

TurboTax only gives the general IRS (most returns are processed within 21 days) date. The actual date is known only by the IRS. TurboTax also does not adjust the general date for anything on the tax return. TurboTax receives no feedback from the IRS after filing.

The IRS says most refunds will be issued within 21 days - some faster, some longer.

Each tax return is evaluated on it's own merits. There is no first-in-first-out. Two similar tax return submitted at the same time can have totally different processing times based on IRS criteria for examining tax returns that the IRS does not divulge.

Some returns will be held for ID verification or other verification. The IRS will send a letter if they require more information to process your tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

Check your refund stratus here:
https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Check your state refund here:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Did all your orange bars disappear? Mine did the beginning of last week and nothing has changed since. I did file EIC and ACTC so I am hoping that is the reasoning. I read if you filed those before Feb 15 it takes longer, which I did? And now add the new stimulus stuff I’m afraid I’ll get lost 

Yes your not alone I'm still waiting as well. Mine was accepted 2/13. My bars are gone now and it says still processing a date will be added when available on the IRS where's my refund. This tax season is🤦🏾. But soon we will see our funds! I'm speaking it into existence! 

Thank you for that!! I keep telling myself I did everything right but after getting online and reading from other places, if after 21 days and you still don’t have your refund you need to start checking your mail for a letter from the irs as to why they haven’t accepted it. Or to call them with wait times over 2 hours and no answers as to why when they finally speak to someone. So... I’ll just play the stalker and continue to check the 2 apps praying to see orange again🙏 Or at least one of the codes I keep reading about! 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies