Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

"Amount's in a row cannot be all 0's" 1095-A error for premiums (Part III A.) Premiums are $0.00 on form but cannot get to the next page, why? How to get around it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

"Amount's in a row cannot be all 0's" 1095-A error for premiums (Part III A.) Premiums are $0.00 on form but cannot get to the next page, why? How to get around it?

Leave all the columns blank (empty) where you did Not have healthcare coverage through the Marketplace Exchanges.

If the program continues to give you an error after leaving the columns blank, then delete the Form 1095-A.  After deleting the form, re-enter the form in the Health Insurance section manually.  Do Not import the form.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen.  Click on Tools.  Click on Delete a form

• Click on Federal on the left side of the screen
  • Click on Health Insurance at the top of the screen

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Leave all the columns blank (empty) where you did Not have healthcare coverage through the Marketplace Exchanges.

If the program continues to give you an error after leaving the columns blank, then delete the Form 1095-A.  After deleting the form, re-enter the form in the Health Insurance section manually.  Do Not import the form.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen.  Click on Tools.  Click on Delete a form

• Click on Federal on the left side of the screen
  • Click on Health Insurance at the top of the screen

Unfortunately when that is done the Turbotax generates an error "Please enter an Amount" so regardless it won't let me go to the next screen. The only other option I have tried is putting $0.01 BUT that may be considered false info by the IRS and kick it back so I am trying to avoid that if at all possible.

Are all the months zeros?  The program would not ask for an entry if the entire month is left blank in all columns unless there is something entered for that month in one of the columns.
Delete the Form 1095-A and re-enter if this continues.
Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen.  Click on Tools.  Click on Delete a form

To return to the Health Insurance section, click on Federal on the left side of the screen and then click on Health Insurance at the top of the screen.

That did the trick thanks!
tom1061

It did not work for me.
frog9460

That doesn't work for me, still have error msg and I had this same issue last year too!  Got audited because this form won't match what the IRS gets from the Exchange!
ednethiat

manually put it in and leave the rows with NO info totally blank but put zeros in on the lines that have some info.
jrosensh

These suggestions do not work for me.  I put numbers in every month in Column A and zeroes in every month for Columns B & C just as appears on the 1095-A form.  I get "Please enter an amount" error message in every cell in Columns B & C.  If I do not enter anything in Columns B & C, I get the same error message.  I cannot advance within the system in that condition.  What does Turbo Tax advise in this case?

You cannot leave it blank.  You cannot type a zero.  You cannot write zero.  You cannot skip it.  None of these answers work.
deekoi77

Deleted to avoid notifications of redundant replies/suggestions.

Delete the Form 1095-A and re-enter manually.  Leaving the columns blank (empty) has worked for many other users.
Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen.  Click on Tools.  Click on Delete a form
aevinalay

This does not work. I have left the spaces blank only to have me go through the whole thing and tell me to go back because my information is "not finished" and I need to input an amount. When I put all zeros I get an error stating I cannot have all zeros in a row. I have also tried to delete the form and manually type it 5 times and I continue to get this error. There is no work around for this.

I have tried all the instructions (enter in manually, delete the form and enter manually, leaving blank, entering $0.01) and nothing is working. Please fix.

I just got through it by trying to click "Next" anyway a few times, and when nothing happened, refreshing the page. When it reloaded, I was at a list of 1095a forms, and the one I had imported was listed there with the correct amount. Hope Intuit fixes this for next year.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies