SeaOtter87

Am I able to file a 2020 return for an additional state? I'm active duty and received a notice in the mail.

I am a legal resident of Michigan that was stationed in Ohio in 2020. I received a notice in the mail from Ohio that I need to file an Ohio return as well. I'm having trouble navigating where on TurboTax I can do this and the Ohio Tax website is currently down.

If your SLR is MI  and you don't have any non military OH income then Ohio is wrong ... respond back with a copy of your Leave & Earnings statement showing MI as your SLR.  

SeaOtter87

See, this is what I thought, so I called them after I got the notice in the mail and they insisted I still need to file under schedule A. I looked at my 2019 tax records and I did, indeed, file both a Michigan and Ohio tax return. Do you know if there's an easy way for me to file an Ohio return for 2020 using TurboTax?