Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Am I able to file a 2020 return for an additional state? I'm active duty and received a notice in the mail.

I am a legal resident of Michigan that was stationed in Ohio in 2020. I received a notice in the mail from Ohio that I need to file an Ohio return as well. I'm having trouble navigating where on TurboTax I can do this and the Ohio Tax website is currently down.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Am I able to file a 2020 return for an additional state? I'm active duty and received a notice in the mail.

If your SLR is MI  and you don't have any non military OH income then Ohio is wrong ... respond back with a copy of your Leave & Earnings statement showing MI as your SLR.  

See, this is what I thought, so I called them after I got the notice in the mail and they insisted I still need to file under schedule A. I looked at my 2019 tax records and I did, indeed, file both a Michigan and Ohio tax return. Do you know if there's an easy way for me to file an Ohio return for 2020 using TurboTax?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies