turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Am I able to access a transcript of the information I entered in TurboTax last year? I don't want a copy of my return from last year.

I am wondering what I entered as answers for some questions.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Am I able to access a transcript of the information I entered in TurboTax last year? I don't want a copy of my return from last year.

There is not a TurboTax transcript of the answer to the questions asked during the step-by-step interview for your tax return.  You can download the PDF of the 2017 tax return and it will include all the worksheets which were used on the tax return that was filed.

Or you would have to purchase and download the 2017 TurboTax desktop program and install the software on your personal computer.  Then you would need to download the 2017 tax data file from the online tax return.  The 2017 tax data file has a file extension of .tax2017.  Start the 2017 TurboTax desktop program and then Open the tax data file that was downloaded.  This will give you the complete 2017 interview and the answers you provided.

Go to this TurboTax website to purchase and download one of the TurboTax 2017 desktop editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download .tax file

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies