I live in Missouri, & have yet to receive my state refund! I was accepted on 2/5/19, is it taking everyone else that long!?

Accepted on 3/01, still validating on 5/09

An article in The Kansas City Star (3/14/2019) cited changes to the MO tax code causing a reduction or elimination in refunds for 1000's of Missouri residents and the resignation of Missouri Dept. of Revenue Director resignation Joel Walters.  Could be indicative of more than just 'delays in processing due to system issue'

Accepted  3/13 and still validating on 5/10.  I called and they said expect 10-12 weeks.  My mom had a very small refund and received hers within a week.

All I can say is that all this waiting is crazy....I want my Lil refund an I been waiting since Jan 28

Seems like it's affecting the returns that are more than a small refund. Seems like they're completing those manually.

So after doing some digging.. this has been a issue for the past couple years! If your effected this year it's because they left you alone the previous years preying on other Missourians (rotating us out). They have been dishing out the same excuse saying 8-12 weeks this year claiming new computer system. Previous years it was to cut down on fraud. Every year it's a new excuse but same result. Missouri has even asked the government for an extension so they did not get hit with penalties and have to pay interest rates. It's been 14 weeks for me. they are withholding people's money for a reason nd my personal opinion.. It's not due to a new system or the planned government shutdown. Start pressing for the real reason. We pay on time but get robbed when it's time for them to pay.

Who can we complain to ? Maybe a tax advocate?

I'm writing to our Governor.

This is ridiculous!! I’m on week 15!! When we owe them, they take it immediately by any means necessary. When they owe us they can do whatever they want and hold onto our money. I’ve never waited over 2 weeks before. They told me it’s because of their new system, but this has gotten out of hand now. I want my money!!

Mine was accepted on 2/10 and still is validating. I have emailed and called and get the same BS response. This is ridiculous.

I filed a complaint with the Attorney General of MO, who forwarded it to the MO Division of Taxation. Hopefully something will happen soon... they just do not want to pay it. ....Shouldn't have taken it then...

Has been in validation since 1/30/2019. Still no refund for me.

Me and my fiancee filed our state and it was accepted on February 2 and we still have not got ours back!! We were told it was due to new machine and the shut down!! I seriously think this is a bunch of crap that all of us hard working tax payers have to suffer.

I agree!! I've been waiting just shy of four months now .....infuriating!!! I'm a single mom, no child support, kids in college, and I work two jobs. This is unacceptable but there's nothing they will do to speed things along. I complained to atty general but they can't do anything either, so they say.

well, i finally got some news about mine... apparently i owed money to the state from another situation, and they took my taxes to pay for it.  The debt is probably legit, but they still could have told me.  I had to get the information with help from my representative.