markseradarian

" A tax return with the same Social Security number has already been submitted "

Hello, I just tried filing electronically and got this error message. I haven't filed this year, so there's no way it's already been submitted. Could it be an issue on intuit's end? Or does it mean my identity has been stolen?

For what it's worth, I submitted the "Non-filers" form in order to receive the COVID19 stimulus check. Could that have possibly counted as a tax return?

lfarrar

Same has happened to me.  I am due a REFUND; I did NOT already file my taxes.  After 19 years of continuously using TurboTax to file my taxes, this will be my last.  Makes me furious that I paid for this to get the free e-filing and now I can't do it!

@lfarrar wrote:

Used the IRS non-filers website to register for the stimulus?  If so -

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to proceed - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/stimulus-how-to-file-your-return-after-getting-rej...