Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jaybird32
Returning Member

2022 Stimulus Not Received with Refund

I received my refund yesterday. I thought I would get my $1400.00 stimulus. I am behind on some years simple 1040. I thought if I submitted my 2021 taxes by  Nov 15 it said I would get my stimulus , I haven’t received any stimulus. I filled out the form showing I qualify for it.  I’m wondering if I owed , they treated as an over payment . My refund was $528.00. I just thought they cannot use it for payment.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If you did not receive the 3rd stimulus payment of $1,400 and indicated that on the 2021 tax return, the Recovery Rebate Credit of $1,400 would have been entered on your Federal tax return Form 1040 on Line 30.

The credit would have been included in your federal tax refund on Line 34.  If you have debts/back taxes owed the IRS can intercept your federal tax refund and deduct the debts from the federal tax refund.

ALL of the 2021 refund (even the stimulus credit portion on line 30 of the form 1040) can and WILL be used to pay down any prior year taxes.  Only the advance stimulus payment was immune from old unpaid taxes. 

Let's start over.  Did you have the $1,400 on your 1040 line 30?  How much was your refund on line 35a?  Was it the 528 or did the IRS reduce your refund TO $528? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies