Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

I purchased TurboTax Deluxe from Costco and installed it on my Windows 10 PC and did my taxes without any problems. Did you all do the same or did you download the software? It doesn't make sense that I had such a great and trouble free experience and you all had such a terrible one. 

JAZ

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

I purchased the product from BJs. I've been using Turbo Tax since they have been around and always had a great go of it. Not this year though, total disaster like almost everyone venting in this forum is experiencing. Maybe your the Intuit save face patrol. Lol

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

Hello BarbL,

Thanks for joining us on this forum.  I used the links to sign up for the updates even though my experience is different.  In my case TTax Deluxe randomly closes.  For example, this morning I applied the latest TTax update and tried again and when entering 1099-DIV data TTax just disappeared without any warning or error message.  I checked the Windows Events logs and there was absolutely nothing.  This is the what I am experiencing throughout trying to enter my Income data.  I haven't gone beyond that.

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

My TT Home & Business was doing it too. I had to shut off my Live Protection anti-virus for internet connection and no problem since. I toggle it on and off when using Turbo Tax. Pain but it works now.

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

bwentzel,

Don't look in the Windows log, but in the Turbotax logs.  They are in users/username/app data/roaming/intuit/ ....

It will show an error code, and usually running out of memory.   

May be increasing the java heap memory will improve things.

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

Excellent Christophe!  I checked and I have a cornucopia of logs at that location and you are correct, it is an out of memory condition : "2019-02-12 07:52:45,933 [31] 2018.31.16.237 ERROR TurboTax -
System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program."  Where can you adjust the Java heap?

Thanks again.

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

T Baron, I believe you're on to something.

If you count all of the complaints here about TurboTax crashing or freezing, and compare it to the 1,000,000's of people who are using the software without a glitch, you will discover that it's a very small percentage.

I still believe that it has something to do with the environment on your PC; mainly your Anti-Virus software.

I use AVAST on a Windows 10 PC and have had no issues whatsoever. Maybe we should explore what kinds of Anti-Virus those who are having problems, are using. Norton, Free AVG, McAfee? I bet we would come up with the answer, if we looked hard enough.

I'm just trying to help.

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

GoTabbyGo.

If you have been sold a program with poor QA, and burning enormous amounts of time, it doesn't matter how many other users are not complaining.  Even if AV may solve one issue for a few, it has nothing to do with the hundreds (possibly thousands) of others who are dealing with the very specific problems being reported.  If it was just an AV issue, Intuit CS would have easily solved this problem for the few people who suffered though the support script.  They haven't and it isn't.  Even their own FAQ acknowledges its an open problem.

Rather than PR trolls seeking to minimize the severity of the situation, how about a factual report from Intuit's PLM or engineering organization providing an honest assessment of when this will be fixed?   

Good luck to all.

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

My TT Home & Business randomly closes on Windows 10.  I have now increased the Java heap as suggested by Christophe.  I'll let everyone know by tomorrow AM if this solves the issue.

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

I purchased the download directly from Intuit and have been using it for two days and it has crashed at least 20 times already.  The "fixes" suggested don't work